Thursday, April 10, 2014

Changing Gender Roles

Over spring break I drove to Boston. On the way, I stopped for gas at a gas station that was connected to a McDonald's. I went into the men's bathroom in the McDonald's and the first thing I saw was this baby changing station on the wall. It reminded me of our lecture on differences between consumers and seemed to represent what we spoke about regarding changing gender roles. The baby changing station was a prominent feature in the men's bathroom which is a change in gender roles that we are seeing more and more lately. Seeing this also reminded me of the commercial we watched in class where a father is getting drive-through McDonald's for his family but doesn't want to stop the car because his baby is sleeping in the back seat. McDonald's seems to be both adopting to and pushing the idea of changing gender roles in their commercials and in their real life facilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment