Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Creative Packaging

http://www.demilked.com/creative-interesting-packaging-designs/

I found this article about really clever packaging that really grab consumer's attention. I know that if I saw some of these I would definitely take a minute to look at them more closely. The packaging doesn't actually affect the product at all, but for some of these (like matches), it makes an ordinary product that a consumer might not even want seem appealing. Also, products like the paint brushes and matches are the exact same product no matter what brand you buy, so the interesting packaging is a way to stand out from the competition. My favorites were the juice boxes and the tea bags!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those product designs are impressive. I wonder what the average increase in selling price can be when the design is as attractive as those? I would pay extra to have a nicer looking product on my counters or bringing that cool juice box to school. How much extra would you pay? Can you think of times when this might not be an effective use to r&d money when designing a product?

    ReplyDelete